Editing services: papers, abstracts, and more
"...a beautifully original and
well-rounded sequel to our beloved Pride and Prejudice."
- Austenesque Reviews
Essays that explore literature
through a Christian lens, from John Milton to Bob Dylan
Resources for Students and Teachers: Critical Papers, Overviews, and
Other Literature Study Tools
This section of the website contains academic papers as well as study
aids. Many of these resources are free of charge. Any literary
criticism found on this website may be used as a source (with proper credit given to the
author, Skylar H. Burris, and this website, www.editorskylar.com) or as a study aid.
Literary Criticism Resources:
Examples of Applied Literary Criticism
(Several short papers demonstrating particular approaches to criticism; an excellent
overview for students wishing to understand the different approaches to literature.)
For an example of the historical approach to literature, read my paper "The Ideal Source for a Tory Message: Thomas Otway's Venice
Literary Criticism is an inexpensive, Kindle ebook compilation. Even if you
don't have a Kindle, you can read this book on your computer by downloading the free
Kindle ap. The book contains the following eight essays:
- "From Man's Effeminate Slackness it Begins": John Milton's Paradise Lost
- The Christian Vindication of God: Alexander Pope's "An Essay On Man"
- "Dip Him in the River Who Loves Water": William Blake's Marriage of Heaven
- Manichaesim, Skepticism, and Fideism in Lord Byron's Cain
- Biblical Imagery in Gerard Manley Hopkins's "God's Grandeur"
- Head or Heart: Christ as Via Media in Herman Melville's Billy Budd, Sailor
- Using the Bible as the Key to Unlock the Meaning of Bob Dylan's "Jokerman"
- Alternative Explanations for the Societal Breakdown in William Golding's Lord of the
Literature Study Aids:
Master the Literature G.R.E.
Tips and advice
Critical Approaches to Literature
Definitions, overviews, applications, short sample papers, etc.
Kings and Queens of England and Great Britain
Outline, family trees, etc.
Keep Track of Resources:
Don't forget to "like"
Skylar Hamilton Burris on Facebook to be kept informed of new critical
publications or additions to this website.
- Long and Short Romance Reviews
Explore poetry, story, and art in Ancient Paths Literary Magazine
"Ms. Burris's representation of Austen's characters is flawless and her new
additions are well-drawn and intriguing."
- Austenesque Reviews